The Field Service Engineering (FSE) apprenticeship scheme is strategically vital to the future success of our Customer Service & Equipment sales business in many ways. Most notably, it is extremely challenging to recruit individuals with the correct skillsets and work ethics from outside of the business, therefore by developing our own talent from within, we can produce a funnel of experienced and competent individuals with the correct attitude who can progress into field based technical roles as natural attrition takes place.
You will work with engineers to carry out corrective and preventative maintenance on healthcare diagnostic equipment and systems. You will also ensure our customers’ future equipment investments are with Philips, through the delivery of best in class service levels.
You are a part of a multi-modality team of medical engineers working within the Imaging System sector. As a FSE Apprentice, your role underpins our technical future, you will be assisting Engineers, learning in real life situations and gaining life skills which will develop you towards a future in medical engineering. The team is close knit and thrives via a “First time Right” mentality and you will be a key member being in the unique position of working across multi-modalities and therefore being able to establish your value across the entire team.
We offer you
- The experience of working with and learning from a highly disciplined medical engineering team.
- The opportunity to gain a recognized qualification in engineering
- The opportunity to personally develop your skills and knowledge through assisted field exposure with a view to progressing into a permanent career in medical engineering.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK9QWTGFBNc&feature=youtu.be
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
- Keen interest in engineering (electrical, electronic or mechanical) and technology
- Strong communication and customer focus
- An ability to demonstrate logical thinking, a passion for fault finding and a natural aptitude towards working with mechanics and a desire to begin a career in a 'hands on' engineering role
- Problem solving and logical thinking
- A good communicator, confident speaker and team player
- An interest in IT, networking and system connectivity
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focus
- Willingness to learn and improve continuously
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Team player
- Ability to take ownership where needed and show initiative in problem solving
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's including grade 5 (B/C grade) and above in Maths, English and Science/Physics or equivalent
- Level 2 Engineering apprenticeship or A levels in technical subjects (Maths, Physics, Electronics, IT etc.)
- Full, clean driver’s licence due to being field based
Things to consider:
This position requires the individual to possess a full clean driving licence due to the nature of the role involving travel.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Link to vacancy: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-432776
To apply: If you are interested in applying for this vacancy or want further information please follow the link. Please note you will need a .GOV account which you will need to sign into before applying.
closing date: 30/06/2019