As in most industrial environments, maintenance is a key feature of flour milling manufacturing.
The maintenance team will be involved in routine maintenance procedures as well as helping to troubleshoot issues should they arise with equipment in the manufacturing process.
The ultimate aim of our maintenance team is to keep an efficient and safe manufacturing process operational. Failure in this can result in a reduction in output of a finished product or compromised quality standards.
The role of a Maintenance Technician can be mechanical, electrical and/or Maintenance Technicians may be required to take a more general role.
Maintenance Technicians often work in shifts and can also be required to supply “on call” support to their facility, depending upon the specifics of the job role.
Specific tasks an apprentice Maintenance Technician at ADM will assist with.
- Installation of new manufacturing equipment
- Calibration of equipment or machinery
- Routine inspection and testing of equipment and machinery – this needs to be planned to ensure minimal disruption of processes
- Preventative maintenance tasks to try to minimize unexpected issues with equipment
- Responding to alerts and operation messages – carrying out corrective procedures and repairs in line with SOPs and maintenance protocols.
- Clear documentation of both routine checks and repairs needed, in line with both internal and external protocols and procedures
- Maintains logs of any downtime within the manufacturing system
- May be involved in training of production staff of routine maintenance procedures
This advanced apprenticeships programme will be a vehicle by which ADM Milling Ltd will raise its skills base and assist with succession planning by transferring the vast skills and knowledge of existing members of staff by having them act as mentors to the apprentices. The scheme will also act as a means of educating the advanced apprentices in the values and ethos of ADM and what is expected of them should they carry on to become full time employees.
- Dedicated and enthusiastic
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Be capable of handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player
- Be conscientious with strong attention to deal
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Have a positive attitude
Desired Qualifications: Minimum of 3 GCSE’s grades A*-C/1-4 (or be expecting to achieve them summer 2019) including Maths, English & Science
Things to consider:
Before applying for the role, please make sure you are aware of where this employer is based, and that you would be able to travel to the place of work should you be successful, especially if you rely on public transport.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Link to vacancy: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-431748
To apply: If you are interested in applying for this vacancy or want further information please follow the link. Please note you will need a .GOV account which you will need to sign into before applying.
Closing date: 31/07/2019